MEDIA. NEWS, EVENTS, & EVERYTHING ELSE GOING ON AT BENZTOWN.
12 May 2023
Benztown Hosts Free Webinar Featuring Iconic NYC PD Jim Ryan
Benztown and P1 Media Group to Host Free Webinar Featuring Audacy’s Jim Ryan, Entitled “How You Replace Scott Shannon, & Lessons From An Iconic New York City PD”
WHO: Benztown, a global leader in radio imaging, voiceover, programming, podcasting and jingles, P1 Media Group, providing research, strategies and consulting to radio stations worldwide, and Global Radio Ideas Facebook Group.
WHAT: On Thursday, May 18, 2023, Benztown and P1 Media Group will host a free webinar for radio professionals around the globe, entitled “How You Replace Scott Shannon, & Lessons From An Iconic New York City PD.” The webinar is 29th in the companies’ “Global Radio Ideas” webinar series from top radio experts from around the world.
The 40-minute webinar will be hosted by Andreas Sannemann, CEO, Benztown, and Ken Benson, Partner, P1 Media Group, and will feature Jim Ryan, VP of Programming, Audacy New York’s WCBS-FM and NEW 102.7/WNEW-FM.
In Thursday’s webinar, Ryan will take attendees’ questions and cover topics including:
– What it was like to work with Scott Shannon, and to be his boss.
– How he replaced the Greatest of All Time in New York Morning Radio, Scott Shannon.
-Lessons he learned from coaching heavyweights like Casey Kasem, Whoopi Goldberg, and WCBS-FM afternoon great, Broadway Bill Lee.
-What’s different, and what challenges programmers face in a post-Covid world.
– What’s his take on whether to be bold or subtle in making programming changes and why.
– His thoughts on the current ratings struggles of contemporary and young music formats and the ratings successes of AC and Classic Hits. What can the younger targeted formats do about it?
– Is it still possible for AC and Hot AC stations to make format-exclusive hits?
– How he came to own a radio station with Van Halen, and more!
WHEN: Thursday, May 18, 2023, at 10:00am PDT/1:00pm EDT/7:00pm CEST.
WHERE: Register NOW at: https://event.webinarjam.com/register/82/10zx2h37.
Upon registering, you will receive a link with webinar information.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Contact Robby Gessel at Benztown at firstname.lastname@example.org +1 (818) 842-4600.
MEDIA CONTACT: Lisa Dollinger, Dollinger Strategic Communication for Benztown, email@example.com and +1 (512) 633-4084.