MEDIA. NEWS, EVENTS, & EVERYTHING ELSE GOING ON AT BENZTOWN.
28 November 2018
BENZTOWN TELLS STORIES BEHIND THE 40 TOP CHRISTMAS SONGS
Benztown announces that it has released the second installment of “Behind the Song: Holiday Hits”, its 30-second audio documentaries on the 40 top-testing songs for the holiday season, ranked recently by P1 Media Group. “Behind the Song: Holiday Hits”, part of Benztown’s popular seasonal “Christmas In A Box” holiday programming, gives Christmas music lovers a look into the stories behind their favorite holiday songs, rolling right into the song itself. As a bonus holiday treat, Benztown is offering its “Christmas in a Box” library for free to stations with a Benztown library subscription.
“Behind the Song: Holiday Hits” was created to mirror P1 Media Group’s top-testing Christmas song list, which revealed the following as the top 10 Christmas songs:
1) Bobby Helms, “Jingle Bell Rock” (1957)
2) Burl Ives, “Holly Jolly Christmas” (1963)
3) Burl Ives, “Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer” (1958)
4) Brenda Lee, “Rockin’ Around The Christmas Tree” (1958)
5) Jose Feliciano, “Feliz Navidad” (1970)
6) Cyndi Lauper & Frank Sinatra, “Santa Claus Is Coming To Town” (1992)
7) Andy Williams, “It’s The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year” (1963)
8) Hall & Oates, “Jingle Bell Rock” (1984)
9) Gene Autry, ” Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer” (1949)
10) Vince Guaraldi Trio, “Linus & Lucy” (1965)
Masa Patterson, Vice President, Sales & Operations, Benztown, said: “Behind the Song has always been one of the most popular features in our imaging libraries, and now we’re thrilled to expand the Christmas In a Box library by offering one for each of the top 40 most played songs of the season.”